Mishimoto Performance Black Intercooler Kit For 2017-2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Mishimoto Performance Intercooler Kit:
2017-2018 Honda Civic Type R - FK8 Chassis
Black Intercooler and Piping as Pictured
Part # MMINT-CTR-17KBKWBK
It’s no easy feat to be dubbed as one of the fastest front-wheel drive production cars in the world. Honda put all of their engineering prowess behind this achievement, but since the 2017-2019 Honda Civic Type R finds itself in the gray area of track fiend and commuter car, some sacrifices had to be made. One of those sacrifices comes in the form of the underperforming intercooling system. Under intense driving conditions or just being caught in a sweltering summer day, the stock tube-and-fin intercooler soaks with heat, quelling the performance of your CTR.
We here at Mishimoto aim to put that power back into your hot-Honda by keeping it cool with the Mishimoto 2017+ Honda Civic Type R Performance Intercooler Kit. We started by increasing the overall size of the core to more than double that of the stock dimensions. The 4.7-inch thick core boasts a 169% increase in overall volume and bumps the external fin surface area by 189% for optimal heat rejection properties.
We didn’t stop with the size increase either. To keep the charged air flowing properly through the larger core, we updated to a bar-and-plate core construction. The robust design offers not only improved flow characteristics but also aids in transferring heat away from the charged air. The plastic end tanks are a thing of the past and have been replaced with our sleek cast aluminum designs to more effectively direct airflow to and from the piping.
- Direct fit for the 2017-2019 Honda Civic Type R
- 4.7" thick intercooler design optimized for maximum flow
- Max power gains of up to 10hp and 10tq
- Drops outlet air temperatures by 50°F on stock tuning
- Optimal core design for maximum cooling efficiency with minimal pressure drop
- Intercooler volume increased by 169% and external fin surface area by 189%
- 2.5" piping diameter improves flow characteristics
- Mandrel bent aluminum cold-side piping for increased durability
- Note: This Part is not CARB exempt at this time and is not legal for sale in California or use on vehicles registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles.